Dissidia Ortus a Cado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you struggling with your stories...

+2
NegiBozu203
The Silver Dragoon
6 posters

Go down

For those of you struggling with your stories... Empty For those of you struggling with your stories...

Post  The Silver Dragoon Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 am

Remember: I'm willing to help you, and I'm sure some of the other people who have more or less finished theirs would as well.

I'm not going to flat-out DO your entire story, but I'm always open to listening to ideas or helping out with the structure. I've been doing this sort of stuff for many years, I'm sure I can help you out.
The Silver Dragoon
The Silver Dragoon
Lord of the Lance

Back to top Go down

For those of you struggling with your stories... Empty Re: For those of you struggling with your stories...

Post  NegiBozu203 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 am

Same here.

Just remember people, this is a groupd effort, and if anyone is hitting writer's block, you can count on everyone here at the board for help.
NegiBozu203
NegiBozu203
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

For those of you struggling with your stories... Empty Re: For those of you struggling with your stories...

Post  Jeryl the Shadow Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 am

I'm working on mine and I've finally found an angle to work from, so I'm good. It's just taking me a while. On a side note, if someone needs to bounce ideas around, I'll help.
Jeryl the Shadow
Jeryl the Shadow
Counterfeit Continuance

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 am

Although I'm not the best writer I will still help people (I was starting to help Xan but then he left...)
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

https://dissidiaortusacado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 pm

I WILL work on this tomorrow night, no matter how tired I am from college! Because for english class I will only need to change the rough draft essay into a final draft, which will be done by my father (English major).

As a question, would I need to redo the backstory to Dark? If so, I'll try to pull out what I remember from the original one.

One final note, will my story go over several other people's stories, or just be before everybody else? I know we'll have 2 stories (one where we get our Crystal, and the other I forget), but will we need a 3rd one for the revival leading up to the final battle?
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Yours will take place near the start. At the moment your story will not go over another story but it is likely that Xan will have his around that time and possibly some other people
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Alright. What's the character limit for the fields again? If we don't have exact limits, I'll just keep to the 10 box limit for each scene. I'll try to keep characters to around 150 each. Meaning enough for a small bit of story dialogue, but nothing too big.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silver Dragoon Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Making your backstory isn't absolutely necessary if you don't want to do it, but it might be a good idea if your story has it involved in some way.

As for the main story... remember that even if you have to put limits on the what dialogue you put in the quest, don't think you have to limit yourself to just writing that. Remember, we are thinking of sharing the full stories with people if they request it.

And one more note: Yukanna can't be permanently killed in your story. Since your story is one of the earlier ones, Yukanna being killed that early on would limit his involvement and cause a few time paradoxes (since he's slated to appear in a few stories that happen after yours would be completed)
The Silver Dragoon
The Silver Dragoon
Lord of the Lance

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:36 pm

On a separate note once the whole thing is done should we have Negi make the scenes and voice the scenes without a limit (the full version so to speak)
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 pm

The Silver Dragoon wrote:And one more note: Yukanna can't be permanently killed in your story. Since your story is one of the earlier ones, Yukanna being killed that early on would limit his involvement and cause a few time paradoxes (since he's slated to appear in a few stories that happen after yours would be completed)

I'm aware of this. However, like I said before, he cannot truly be "killed," so even if he stopped moving and I thought he was dead, he isn't infact dead. He just fullheals minutes later. Sorta like Ridley from the Metroid series. You never truly "kill" him.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Acaract Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 am

I'm building my story around the timeline so having it is already of help to me. I just need explanations on what the shadowlurkers are actually doing/planning.
Acaract
Acaract
Clairvoyant Caliginosity

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

DarkRPGMaster wrote:I WILL work on this tomorrow night, no matter how tired I am from college! Because for english class I will only need to change the rough draft essay into a final draft, which will be done by my father (English major).

As a question, would I need to redo the backstory to Dark? If so, I'll try to pull out what I remember from the original one.

One final note, will my story go over several other people's stories, or just be before everybody else? I know we'll have 2 stories (one where we get our Crystal, and the other I forget), but will we need a 3rd one for the revival leading up to the final battle?

DARK Tomorrow Night was Yesterday!

Always up to your antics you!

(note in case you can't tell (which has happened before) I'm being sarcastic)
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Sorry, but my teachers keep loading me down with homework. I just finished it all, so now I have to head to bed so I can wake up in time for class tomorrow. HOPEFULLY there will be nothing for homework besides my Unix Operating System class.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm bumping this because we need more stories!
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Due to rl problems, and the fact that I don't have Dissidia Duodecim yet, I shall hold off my story until then. Reason being it's easier to think up script when you know what you can use and have it in your hands.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeryl the Shadow Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm holding off my story until I unlock everything. Then I shall continue my story.
Jeryl the Shadow
Jeryl the Shadow
Counterfeit Continuance

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Ok I'm bored.

If anyone comes on and is all like "I need help with my story because I don't have ideas" I'll be on the chatbox most of today.

Though you'll have to tell me because I won't check every second.
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down