Dissidia Ortus a Cado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidia 3 predictions

+5
Mrdude22
Acaract
Sanaki
DEKMStephens
Epic Girl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dissidia 3 predictions Empty Dissidia 3 predictions

Post  Epic Girl Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 am

Sorry, had to be made. Better to get it out of the way now. Very Happy
Epic Girl
Epic Girl

Back to top Go down

Dissidia 3 predictions Empty Re: Dissidia 3 predictions

Post  DEKMStephens Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:56 am

Characters for the games that haven't been repped
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens
Super Mace Wielding Lightning Warrior!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 am

Yep, same here. Chaos characters for XI and XIII, maybe XII (Vayne), though XII could easily have a hero as well. FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFVI, and FFIX should get a third rep as well, though Cosmos or Chaos is difficult to tell. FFII and FFIII seem like Chaos is more likely, FFI, FFVI, and FFIX seem like Cosmos is more likely. The other FF's get stages, easily, though it's difficult to tell if the games that got character previously would get characters as well as stages, or just stages.

Personally, since SE sees characters and stages as equal (even if we don't, they're both really important for fighting games, especially Dissidia), I could see them continuing to give some games just stages, and some characters. So long as each FF has the same number overall of stages and characters combined, they may see it as balanced.

Oh, and FFXIV gets stuff, possibly XV if out.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Acaract Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 am

Most likely the left out games would have more reps as said before.
FF1: Would be a draw blank here, but likely a Cosmos Warrior?
FF2: Leon is a likely here actually, if not I can see Minwu as well
FF3: Xande is a most likely or if not shoe in.
FF6: Locke given popularity and Celes is not exactly a main character as even admitted by SE. If they do not find much from Locke then I'll guess Edgar is next in line for uniqueness.
FF9: Vivi is a most likely shoe in also given popularity, unless they decide on a certain theme like love. In which case Garnet is in.
FF14: Would get one most likely but drawing a blank because popularity is not so clear yet.

And then there's this FF which has a single rep, most likely going in next.
FF13: It's a split between Barthandelus, Cid Raines and Sazh. The last one might have an upper hand while the middle one is least likely.

However SE would also add more characters rather than just those most probably if there is more room for them if they switch to NGP or a home console. Next in line for a character would surely be...
FF7: In which Aerith = Shoe in no argument unless you are in denial
Next would be...
FF10: Seymour is a most likely this time since they would find him working better now that Yuna is in.
And then...
FF8: Rinoa should be next in line most likely come to think of it, shouldn't be a big dilemma here... Unless Seifer fans demand him so so much.
Next I would say (tie between)...
FF11: Eald'narche is a likely considering that they were thinking of putting him or his brother in. His brother is less likely though because he most likely has more going for him.
FF12: Ashe or Vayne, Vayne being more likely
And then these two will have equal chance...
FF4: Rydia might be likely unless they do not want another summoner, which then Rosa? Probably... or maybe Tellah
FF5: Faris is a likely this time round now that Gilgamesh is the one in.

That pretty much covers all. Then they might go back to the cycle and choose more if they can? (But it becomes a little more unrealistic)
FF6: Probably Edgar if Locke was previously in. Celes would be a possibility now as well since either Locke and Edgar are already in, eliminating some competition for her. Unless they choose Sabin/Setzer... Okay this one would be hard to choose. but order might be this: Edgar/Locke->Setzer->Sabin->Celes (unless the favoritism for Celes comes into place)
FF9: Now that Vivi is in, they might add Garnet, or vice versa. Beatrix possibility might arise as well so it's a fight between these three

Last edited by Acaract on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Acaract
Acaract
Clairvoyant Caliginosity

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdude22 Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 am

Assuming we will get the other characters not in this one

I-Well..this one is odd. I have nothing
II-Leon or Minwu seems likely
III-Xande seems to be one of the only choices
IV- Has Kain
V- Has Gilgamesh
VI- Either Locke or Celes. Though I would think it would be Locke
VII- Has Tifa
VIII- Has Laguna
IX- Most likely Vivi due to reasons
X- Has Yuna
XI- That bad guy...begins with E..that one
XII- Balthier or Vayne
XIII- Sazh (due to popular demand) or Barthandelus
and someone from XIV
Mrdude22
Mrdude22
Exclusive Expedience

https://dissidiaortusacado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Eh, I still think I, II, III, VI, IX, XI, XII, and XIII will reach three reps before they start working on fourth reps. I hope so, at least.

Personally, I think the easiest thing to do is to come up with the three most likely characters from each game, simple as that. Though I still worry that SE may think stages are enough and characters aren't needed.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:38 pm

I'd think you'd be disappointed, SE wouldn't ignore VII so yeah
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:42 pm

I just don't see SE going back and giving all the games who didn't get a rep this time, a rep. Like DEKM, I just don't think they'll ignore VII requests, as well as ones for an X character.
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter
Strong enough to break the stone

Back to top Go down

Post  NegiBozu203 Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:48 pm

1. Maybe some sort of mage companion for Warrior of Light.
2. I'm not too savy with 2, of all the games, so I can see multiple types of characters.
3. Xande. I can't see another Onion Knight, unless they somehow smoothly change him into his Luneth costume as his default.
4. Hmmm. People seem fond of Zeromus, but I'd like another hero. Rydia seems to have enough different summons than Yuna to work as a summoner. She can "whip" them into shape.
5. Faris. She needs to even out and save Bartz's ass from losing to Gilgamesh and Exdeath.
6. Locke. In terms of popularity, he beats Celes. Surprisingly, alot of people beat Celes in terms of popularity.
7. Another hard one. First off, I'd like them to bump Aerith up to a full character. In terms of popularity, she's next for VII, and I think all FF characters. Something about me wants to see Barret though. He's the other protagonist, after Aerith and Cloud, so he seems important enough. And after Aerith, the only characters on the rankings are Yuffie and Vincent. I want to see Yuffie, and she's higher than Vincent if I recall. I'd want another villian from VII, but ONLY if they keep it to the original game! No Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus or any of that.
8. Rinoa. Do you really need to ask me? Anyways, she's a sure thing almost. She's third most popular, behind Squall and Laguna, and 2 spaces higher than Seifer. He isn't as popular as some would believe. Selphie beats him for God's sake. But if they want a villian, sure go with him. But if the next system they pick is advanced enough, they could do both.
9. Vivi. No doubt he's next. Every character above him in the rankings is in this game, so I have no doubt Vivi will be next.
10. Seymour. After Yuna, I don't have too much of an opinion or care for what happens with this game's characters, but I feel Seymour would be a good choice for a pure evil villian.
11. The next rep they choose confuses me for here. Shantotto doesn't really have a connection to any of the villians of the game. She doesn't really have much of an opposition in any of the expansions. Prishe doesn't either. The main villian, and really only villian of Chains of Promathia, is Promathia. Promathia absolutely could not work. He is literally the god of Chaos in the FFXI world, so that puts him on the same level os Cosmos and Chaos. I could see them taking one character from each expansion over time and putting them in the game. But we need a Chaos rep here, so I'm gonna go with Lady Lillith.
12. Ashe. Another game I don't really have much of an opinion over, but picking someone I'd go with Ashe.
13. Barthandalus. We need a Chaos rep here, and if anyone is to oppose Lightning it'd be him.
14. I want Papalymo. Follow in the tradition of short online characters. His magic is also pretty cool, and different enough from the other character's magic to make him unique.

I'd like some out of main series characters too, like Kaze and Marche.
NegiBozu203
NegiBozu203
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 am

5. Faris. She needs to even out and save Bartz's ass from losing to Gilgamesh and Exdeath.

You spelled Krile wrong Wink
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 am

13. Barthandalus. We need a Chaos rep here, and if anyone is to oppose Lightning it'd be him.

I agree with this. WE NEED MORE SPACE POPE!
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Acaract Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:27 am

Hmm yea they wouldn't pass up the chance putting another vii and x character again.

So my prediction order changes a little.
They'll still have 3rd reps for some but not all.
Order:
VI and IX 3rds, VII 4th, XIII 2nd, X 4th, XI and XII 3rds, II and III 3rds, IV and V 4ths, XIII 3rd, I 3rd, then maybe 4ths for VI and IX if they can.

Meh nothing will be perfectly balanced. Not sure where to put XIV but it would have one, at least more likely than 4ths for IV and V
Acaract
Acaract
Clairvoyant Caliginosity

Back to top Go down

Post  shinigamigodX Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 pm

vivi. we need vivi
shinigamigodX
shinigamigodX
The Greatest Attack Ever!!

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

I personally hope we don't get Vivi. Like i've said before, I like the little guy, but i'm not that keen on how he'd (probably) play in Dissidia. He also doesn't really seem like a good fit for the story of Dissidia, either. Not to mention... we already have a midget mage, lol.

Instead... as you guys already know, i'd rather see Blank over any other character in the whole series. But, realisticly speaking, i'm holding out hopes that Garnet will make it in. Besides those two, i'd also be fine with Beatrix, Lani or Zorn & Thorn, but you know how their chances are....
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter

Back to top Go down

Post  NegiBozu203 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

What I want most is Rinoa, of course.
After that, the biggest thing I'm rooting for is a XIV character and stage.
I love that game and really want to see it get some representation.
NegiBozu203
NegiBozu203
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:08 pm

When I say without a doubt who I want most, you guys will not be able to blame me.

I want Ramza.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  shinigamigodX Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 pm

i understand that he would be somewhat odd for a fighting style since we do have shantotto, but we dont have a Black Mage. If that even makes sense. I mean someone who only uses Black Mage magic. Shantotto uses Bio, Stun. Vivi would be more of a Black magic user, mainly the 6 elements, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water, Air, Ground. He would be awesome to play as. If they could do a fighting style with Yuna summoning stuff they could 100% make a fighting style and make Vivi and awesome rep. But if I had to choose a different 9 character, I would say Garnet. She seems like the next best thing. She could be like priche and yuna combined. Then I would have to say Freya. Rat dragoon. what else can you ask for? hahaha Very Happy (lol just realized thats my entire 9 party: Zidane, Vivi, Garnet (Dagger), and Freya.

...you know what. F*** it. forget everyone. If vivi doesnt get in, Quina. all hail the monsterous eating machine that has no gender (that we know of yet. for all we know Quina could have made a 3rd gender that makes no sense. haha)
shinigamigodX
shinigamigodX
The Greatest Attack Ever!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Vivi makes loads of sense. He's more popular than any FF character not in this game, and can easily have a unique and interesting playstyle. He can easily fuction differently from Shantotto, Terra, and Kefka. He's the person who makes the most sense as a whole out of the FF series.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

I never said he isn't popular.

However, I did say that I just don't find the possibility of him being in Dissidia all that interesting. I'd wager his gimmick would be something related to his focus ability... which seems lame, to me.
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Eh, I find plenty of the characters in this game overall not as fun as they could be. But I'd rather see someone I actually care about get in, and Vivi is someone I would like to see. Garnet wouldn't hold nearly as much appeal, nor would Beatrix.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

More though, Vivi is easily not one of the most unique characters, which any others would be more so

And on the point of popularity... I don't know if SE should keep going by that. There are so many things not tapped into by going about it that way. The many Cosmos sword users in the first game showed the trend of main characters, when will we run out of interesting "popular" characters?

Eh, I find plenty of the characters in this game overall not as fun as they could be.

I don't see how that'd make Vivi in particular any better. And i like what they did with most of the characters
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 pm

None of the characters in IX have anything particularly unique about them though. IX was one of the few games that did things as by the book as they could. With Yuna being a summoner, there isn't even that to really stand out compared to other characters. IX still deserves a third rep though, and magic is an incredibly flexible thing.

And, I don't think they'll just focus on popularity. But it's still an important factor.

Further, your comment just proves my point. What works for some won't work for all. But Vivi targets a completely different focus when it comes to mechanics compared to the other characters added this time around. He'd bring new things to the table, if just because of his focus on ranged gameplay. They should try to appeal to as many types of players as they can. We already have far more melee fighters compared to ranged as it is.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Garnet could use all the summons that Yuna doesn't plus Bahumut.

I just like summons, and their flashiness =P

As for Vivi... I'd be disappointed storywise though. I understand why his story was good in IX, however it doesn't really apply to Dissidia. Also, I see him tripping up a lot >.>

If we have a black mage, i want him to be super articulate with AWESOEM magics. I imagine Vivi to be primarily cute then awesome
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Kirby disagrees with the idea that one can't be cute and awesome.

I'm not saying Garnet can't be different. But you guys are saying Vivi can't be different enough. Plus, I'm not sure how different summons equates to a different gimmick. At least Vivi has the focus thing going for him.

And I like Summons too. Nothing wrong with them. But regular mages can be flashy too.

Oh yes, and Vivi could easily have an incredible story in this game.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  NegiBozu203 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Quina is honestly the most unique out of the whole party in IX at this point.

But just think about it....... Quina in the opening........ rendered realistically.
NegiBozu203
NegiBozu203
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next