Dissidia Ortus a Cado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidia 3 predictions

+5
Mrdude22
Acaract
Sanaki
DEKMStephens
Epic Girl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dissidia 3 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Dissidia 3 predictions

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

Kirby disagrees with the idea that one can't be cute and awesome.

So... you want Quina? I DO Very Happy

But you guys are saying Vivi can't be different enough.

No, I'm saying what i expect him to be, and not wanting that. I want explosions and destruction, not stumbling after fire spells, that's OK's job

Plus, I'm not sure how different summons equates to a different gimmick. At least Vivi has the focus thing going for him.

At this point, I'm not concerned over gimmicks, i just want to see content, more characters stages. Gimmicks don't hold a huge value now, with the shear simplest to many extremes are in

And I like Summons too. Nothing wrong with them. But regular mages can be flashy too.

Sometimes, but I've yet to encounter one Black mage who was truly flashy. A giant monster flying out of no where seems to be the best you can get (Maybe Starfall might top that)

Oh yes, and Vivi could easily have an incredible story in this game.

Could is the key word. Not saying he wouldn't... but at least we know how old his VA would be expected after KH (Unless they completely revamped him, which would be unusual) His voice being slightly robotic would be cool though =O

Quina is honestly the most unique out of the whole party in IX at this point.

But just think about it....... Quina in the opening........ rendered realistically.

*wants*
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens
Super Mace Wielding Lightning Warrior!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:05 am

I don't find Quina to be cute. Quirky perhaps, but not cute. There is a difference between the two.

And I find Black Magic to be perfectly devastating. Depending on how broad you want it to be, it's what allows most of the villains in games to do what they do.

Part of Vivi's charm is his playful nature. But he can be plenty devastating. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And his spells would be just as devastating as Garnet's summons.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

I don't find Quina to be cute. Quirky perhaps, but not cute. There is a difference between the two.

=O There must be something wrong with you! *Gets the Quinafying ray* =P

And I find Black Magic to be perfectly devastating. Depending on how broad you want it to be, it's what allows most of the villains in games to do what they do.

in the sense of villains, they do do a lot more than most party Black mages. So I would approve of quite a few magic based villains (though some non magic based, or both sided would be nice to see)

Part of Vivi's charm is his playful nature. But he can be plenty devastating. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And his spells would be just as devastating as Garnet's summons.

i would of thought more so, summons being more for elegance. I just don't want to see OK firaga become part of another character. I'd accept Vivi perfectly fine, if they didn't try to make him cute. That's the line in the sand I suppose...
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

Sanaki, just face it. We know that you just want more mages... haha.

I have no problem with mages, and I usually play most of the characters in Dissidia (In the first game, I really only didn't really play as Onion Knight, Tidus, or Bartz. With 012, Yuna is being added to that list). But like I said... I just fail to see him fitting into Dissidia. Plot-wise or gameplay-wise.
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter
Strong enough to break the stone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

I never said I didn't want more mages. But Vivi can easily work plot-wise, and gameplay-wise. There isn't anything stopping him, and he's got massive popularity supporting him.

And I never said I disliked Quina.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

And I never said I disliked Quina.

You said he wasn't cute

He eats his opponents sometimes, just like a Kirby. he is the kirby of FF
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 am

You never really said that here. You have said something similiar to that effect several times in the past, though. Which is exactly why I said that.

He could work, but I can't personally see him being worth being placed in the game. It's fine if you do, but I really just can't see it. I like Vivi and everything, but...
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 am

Quina may eat her foes, but there is more to Kirby than that.

And what I was saying was I don't deny that. But I want Vivi for more than just that. He is, for me, one of the few characters I truly identify with in the FF series. I want him on an emotional level, more than just the flashy nature of magic.

Plus, all you've said is you don't think he'd work. Never why he might not work. Beyond being a Black Mage, which isn't much of a reason. It's not allowing aggressive magic as a whole.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am

Quina may eat his/her foes, but there is more to Kirby than that.
fix'd Wink

and he learns stuff from eating his foes too Razz
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am

There's more to Kirby than his mechanical abilities. Further, he learns more from a foe than just one move, but a wide variety of moves, usually. They are all linked to the same theme, but still.

And I've always considered Quina female, it suits my symmetry in terms of the team if Quina is a female character. And you called Quina male, so I don't see why I couldn't do the same, with my preferred gender in terms of naming Quina.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 am

I guess =P

I don't really care which gender it is, only that it is so far the only Blue mage I've liked
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am

There is. A lot more. It's due to that part of him that I like him, though I do like his abilities.

And I liked Quistis. But there are very few Blue Mages anyways. At most... five? Strago, Quistis, Quina, Kimahri, and I believe XI has a villain Blue Mage, but that's really it.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

I don't like Quistis much, sexy teacher archtype? I mean really... I got to have some level of opposition... not that this applies to you =P
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am

I'm basiclly listing the same reasons as earlier, but...

- He has no unique gameplay possibilities that... stand out, I guess. Like his likely focus concept. It's not really all that unique at ALL. Several characters charge their moves up, and some, like Terra, gain new properties for them. Another problem, however insignifigant it is to Dissidia, is the fact that he doesn't really have any signature moves, besides Doomsday (I'm not even sure if that's completely unique to IX or not, to be honest).
- He wouldn't really add much to the story. In what way would Vivi sucessfully tie into Dissidia's story, and even have an impact on it? If he does anything, it'll probably be him retreading his IX plot... which doesn't fit in a fighting game, in my opinion.
- I just simply see other IX characters having more potiential. Like Steiner, for instance. He may be another sword user, but he would be able to represent a class that Dissidia has no rep for: Mystic Knight. He'd be the best main character in the series to fit that role, in my opinion. Or they could use Freya, maybe. However, instead of having her focus on physical attacks, like how Kain mostly does, she can put a focus on her Dragoon magic's/skills, as well as mixing in some physical attacks, for good measure. But these are just gameplay reasons. To be honest, i'd have trouble seeing the majority of the IX characters tieing into the plot. Not just Vivi.
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 am

Huh? I don't quite get your comment. And I just like whips as a weapon, lots of flexibility and difficult to predict.

It's unique to Vivi just about. Ozma is the only character I know of who uses Doomsday. And... FFIX, again, isn't really going to have a lot that is exclusive to that character. Ark is the only thing that's really exclusive to Garnet, all the other summons appear elsewhere. Besides, if he doesn't have anything unique, why is that an issue? Some of the most interesting characters had little to nothing exclusive to them, like the majority of pre SNES characters and such.

A story involving the manikins and tying him into them can't be interesting? It's more story than the majority of the cast has to offer beyond simply their personality. And his personality is unique enough as it is that he really doesn't need more.

Steiner isn't capable of using magic without Vivi, and Cloud is a Mystic Knight, mentioned in VII's Ultimania. Further, what plot tie ins do they have? Most of the characters simple interact with each other, it isn't like any of them have major plot points that only they can offer. Plus, if Freya can be unique compared to Kain, they can make Vivi stand out.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroflamecutter Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am

I made note in my post that said my comment about a lack of unique moves doesn't really matter in Dissidia. It may matter to me personally, but SE could still make it work, regardless.

I've heard that Cloud is a "Mystic Knight", but i've never understood how, to be quite honest. As for Steiner... Dissidia disregards the rules, anyway. I'm sure that they would give him his Magic Sword moves without Vivi. I mean, that's part of his main artillery of moves. As a supplement to those moves, he could also use his Sword Arts, which includes a few unique moves, IIRC and I am not mistaken.

Ah Sanaki. We're just going in circles at this point. It's obvious neither of us will budge, so i'd like to stop before we're at each other's throats... haha.

Last edited by zeroflamecutter on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
zeroflamecutter
zeroflamecutter

Back to top Go down

Post  DEKMStephens Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am

It's okay if you don't get it. I wished I didn't. i may of liked her character otherwise
DEKMStephens
DEKMStephens

Back to top Go down

Post  NegiBozu203 Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:10 am

I want more mages, I'll admit it.
I mean, of our 8 new reps, only one of them is a pure magic user.

Don't get me wrong, I like our additions, and all of them are unique with their own unique weapon and style, but it's all physical.

And I agree with Dekm. At this point, I could care less about gimmicks.
More characters and content is what I want.
I don't care if Vivi is a perfect clone of Shantotto as long as it's Vivi.
NegiBozu203
NegiBozu203
Angel of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRPGMaster Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 am

I see no problem with using Vivi...outside of his EX Mode, which would be hard to make different from Terra's since his trance let him cast double spells as well.
DarkRPGMaster
DarkRPGMaster
The Randomness Generator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanaki Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am

They can make it different, I'm sure of it. Just need to find a way to make things work in a different way.

Sanaki
God of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  shinigamigodX Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:07 am

I would be complete if its Vivi or Quina. Vivi because hes a unique character (thats what I think everyone has their opinions) and Quina just because its Quina. again, fighting with a fork? what FF character does that? thats more unique than any character out there. lol
shinigamigodX
shinigamigodX
The Greatest Attack Ever!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2